Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! Let's hope 2009 will be better than everyone thinks it will be.

I just want to introduce/explain a little about myself for anyone who reads this. I'm a senior in college, entering my last semester (wow, scary). In the fall I decide that I didn't want to continue on the academic track that I was on, which was psychology. I don't want to do grad school, which is what I would need for any sort of career in psychology, and probably also a PhD. I love science and psychology and I always will, but it's definitely not what I want to do with my life. I want to go to culinary school. I love tasting food, handling food and making food. I like reading about it and following trends. I like experiencing food from all directions--not just eating it, but picking out items in the store, trying new flavor combinations and new ways of making things. It took me a long time to realize that it's not just a hobby for me--I want to be involved with food as my career path.

After I graduate in May, I'm going to move back home to the NYC area and attempt to get a job/internship anywhere that will take me. Maybe a restaurant, maybe a bakery, maybe a food blog. I need experience and want to save up some money to attend culinary school within the next few years. This blog will a record for me to keep of my experiences, but I'd like to share my story with anyone else who is considering changing their lives in any way. It's never too late.

I've been applying for jobs and internships galore, but haven't heard back from anyone. Yes, it's disconcerting but I'm learning to deal with rejection. I'm definitely going to keep trying and sending my resume and calling about interviews. I know that I have so much to offer to anyone who will give me a chance. I'm going to stay positive.

Feel free to contact me with any words of advice, questions or comments: my email address is seafoamgreen07@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment